KKH subsidised patient - no ultrasound given at 2nd trimester

I am currently a subsidised patient under KKH. Is it normal for the doctor not to do any ultrasound from second trimester onwards? Except for the detailed scanning (at ~20th week), all the other regular appointments only consist of Doppler scan to monitor for baby’s heartbeats. Basically, we can’t see the baby at all, all we know from the visit is that the baby is alive. Anyone with similar experience as a sub patient in KKH?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hihi!!! im also subsidised. week 28. they will do a detailed growth scan. next appt. no scan. 32 weeks. only hear heartbeat. so i thought ok. alternate scan. cause it has been like 1 month scan. 1 month no scan. so my next appt i thought will have scan (ill be 36 weeks). but turns out. no scan again! i send in to kkh email. their central appt email. to let them know.. my last scan was 28th weeks. 32 weeks no scan. 36 weeks still no scan? i want to know if my baby cord is safe frm baby... fluid level... weight... if baby still in head down position. they took a few days. called me and say doc allowed the scan and i can just go earlier on the day of my next appt to go doc there.. knock the door.. take scan request.. go to amc to do the scan den see doc.

Read more

Before I convert to private patient. There is this one time the doc did a quick scan in the clinic c room itself they have a ultrasound scanner. He scan to check and give a peace of mind for me. For private my doc did the same for each visit thru my second to third trimester in her office. Maybe you can request when you see the doc? Usually 1st trimester, detailed scan and growth scan will be at a specific place to do the scan not in the doctor office.

Read more

Not at all. I have go through scanning first tri at early stage, second tri at 21 weeks for gender, 28 weeks for growth scanning, for third tri aint yet fix appt. And I am under subsidy patient. If we are seeing doctor with no scanning, we will have fetal scan with doctor at Clinic C.

1y ago

My apology miss information. Yes, third tri coming up for growth scan.

im also under sub patient and under stork centre. they scan almost every appt.. scan until me and baby also scare..

yes same for me. only 1 scan in 2nd tri. next scan is at 3rd tri already. I’m so sad