Process at KKH during Labor (Sub patient)

Dear all, I'm currently 38 weeks and a subsidized route patient at KKH. I understand that unlike private patients, we do not have any more scans from detailed scan onwards. A fellow KKH-Sub mom also told me that we will not get our cervix checked at 38 weeks. I'm wondering if KKH will have a last ultrasound to determine baby's position when we are in labour? Or things like meconium, nuchal cords… I was told my baby is in Cephalic position during detailed scan, so was offered natural delivery, but that was so long ago. Wondering what if baby shifted? Everything seem like an unknown as if I'm opening a blindbox… #kkh

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I delivered in kkh recently and as a private patient but I truly feel that the medical care does not differ during labour. All the nurses and midwives made me felt safe. It was the midwife that got me to push until my private doctor reach the hospital and then I did my last push. All was good. i stayed in A1 ward, other than you have all the privacy you need, I don’t quite see the difference between sub or private. Haha i think i will go for b1 and sub route for the next.

Read more

unlikely baby will shift much in these final weeks. and yes they will definitely do an extensive examination on meconium, nuchal cords and position of baby as this will affect the care you receive for the delivery. even private pats feel like everything is an unknown at labour. don’t worry so much that there’s a class difference, the difference you will experience more during your hospital stay and not during the delivery itself. delivery care will still be top notch.

Read more

don't need to worry too much. they will make sure baby is at the right position during the last scan. I did not get my cervix check during my first born. As my baby is too anxious to come out before the check, which born 1 or 2 day premature before full term. I stay at B2. I feel every thing is good, it is very cold if you are worry it will be hot. So now I having #2 I still going for sub.

Read more

Hmm that’s weird I’m under subsidised and the doctor did for me cervix check at week 36. Anw it may or may nt be a gd thing. Just 5 days after the cervix check I gave birth.

I think it will be based on your last ultrasound scan. which I was told today for my visit my baby head is down already based on Feb ultrasound scan.