cosleeping with toddler who kicks all night

I Co sleep once a week with my toddler who basically ensures I don’t sleep cause she kicks us all night Long. She tosses and turns while soundly asleep. I am a massively light sleeper and with every turn, grunt or kick I wake up. It also takes me forever to go back to sleep. Is there any solution to this? The rest of the 6 nights she sleeps in her own room, so this is basically her once a week treat. And she won’t sleep on a separate bed for that one night a week.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Does she toss and turn every other night she's not with you too as it could be an indicator of something else such as noise, stress, or a disrupted routine. Look for cues like rubbing eyes or yawning (and accommodate her bedtime with this). Also start by making sure she doesn't use electronics before bed, there are effective blackout curtains, and she doesn't eat too late. I hope this helps, everyone needs a proper sleep!

Read more

I sympathize with you.. my son was a handful - kicked all night. so what I did was sleep with him until he fell asleep and then I went back to sleep in our bed :)

VIP Member

I don’t have a solution but I do empathise. This is my daughter screaming Papa wake up this morning at 5.30 am. We nicknamed this photo as “no sleep for the wicked!”

Post reply image

Perhaps, get her to sleep on a mattress by the bed so you're sleeping in the same room, but not on the same bed?

Can I ask why your LO sleeps in your bed once a week? Won't that break the routine?

6y ago

Helper has 24 hours leave

Story of my life too! Try using a pillow as barrier? :)