Epidural side effects

Hello, can I just check mummies that took epidural, what are the possible short and long term side effects? Was told by the anesthetist there would be symptoms like tremors, vomiting. But just wondering any other possible long term effects that anyone experienced. TIA!

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had cold shivers for 4 hours and vomited thrice. Long term heard from my mom and friends will cause back sore but haven't experience it yet so not sure about it.

VIP Member

Short term effects are fever, shivering and headache. Long term effect so far I experienced is a slight backache at my spine whenever I bend down.

VIP Member

I kept shivering non stop after delivering that I thought I was going to die. After puking everything out, I stopped shivering. Super scary experience!

5y ago

Same.. I also thought I was going to die. For me even after puking I didn't stop shivering. Hospital placed me under heater..

VIP Member

I shivered during labour. And it last about 2-3 hours for the shivered to stop. And I have back ache after 5 month pp..

TapFluencer

I vomited after birth and was put under the heater and i requested many blankets as i was shivering very badly.

Shivering only. But not sure if it is side effects or could the the delivery place is VERY Cold!

I've numbness on my fingers if I hold in certain position for a period of time, after so many years

I don’t really have short term effect Long term effect will be back pain. Back get easily tired

Short term - shiver, vomitting Long term - backache Currently 6 wks pp still having the backache

Read more
VIP Member

I had high fever upon administration of epidural.. but other than that, it worked for me