Epidural ?

Mummies what are the side effects of epidural for Csect?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had shivers. I was shivering badly after i took epidural. Wrapped myself with the blanket which was a bad move because i had high fever as a result of that. But really thankful for epidural, it was amazing! I was able to focus on restoring my energy for my active labour then :)

No side effects. The most baby may be a little sleepy so feeding slightly affected. But it awesome when they first give it to you. The whole room suddenly has burst of colors!! Lol

VIP Member

After ops, shivering until request extra blanket from Nurse. If you asking about long term, I've yet to experience it too.

VIP Member

I have no effect, of both except i feel very sleepy, on the second day afternoon than i can walk. Depends on individual.

VIP Member
VIP Member

The doctor will pass you a form with all side effects listed down. There's many, you have to read it before you sign.

TapFluencer

I have no effect except very sleepy and drowsy feel only for the very day itself. It only go away on the 2nd day.

VIP Member

I was shivering badly for 4 hours plus after csect. Also vomited till 6 to 7 hours after csect.

Shivering!! Horrible for me that I asked to stop the epidural and went without it after 😂

Combo of shivering and vomit but is still worth it to take