C section duration

How long did your c section take? And do you feel anything during the process? Like can feel the knife etc I might be going for emergency csection due to no progress, and want to prepare myself mentally.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Baby was out in 15mins or less. Stitching up took slightly longer. Then had to be under observation for about and hour or so as they need to check your vitals before pushing you back into the ward. Entire process was quick. My E C-sect my hubby couldnā€™t go in with me as my doctor didnā€™t allow (scared of complications). So I went in alone. Was already on epidural so they just had to top up more. Initially when they put the alcohol on the incision site before cutting I could feel it. And I remember bringing it up to the anesthesiologist. But that was the last thing I remember. I wasnā€™t under GA because I was aware of what was happening and could hear everything that was going on but was just too sleepy to care. Next thing I remember I was in observation ward shivering so they gave me a hot blanket and was pushed back to ward shortly after. I barely remember them putting BB on me I thought I was dreaming until I saw the photos in my camera (I have requested for the nurse to help me take photo when they put BB on me). It was straightforward and I didnā€™t feel anything at all.

Read more

My emergency c section took 25mins! After the injection, ure gone! U just wanna sleep ur a** off! But there will be a point u feel super cold.. so tell ur husband dnt panic when u start shaking! Because my husband does! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ U cant feel anything at all my dear! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ after the process, they put ur baby like on top of u, take photos together and ure done! Once the operation is successful, nurses will clean u up and bind u! After that, compression socks on! But once ure home, just stick to normal socks pls (the thicker version)! Compression socks make my feet way more swollen!!! Doctor will ask u to start walking the next day, and thats when the uncomfortable feeling comes.. u feel like ur wound will be open. Take it SLOW! U gonna feel that ur "menses" starts to flow down ur thigh but just CHILL!!! Its normal.. The faster u able to walk the faster u will be discharge. At home, just take it EASY!!! U can do this mummy! I can start tossing and turning to my comfort after the 1st week!!!

Read more

You will only feel tugging but itā€™s not painful at all. The only painful part is the epidural hahaha. The birth itself was very quick. I think less than 15 mins and my baby was out. The long part was the stitching which took quite awhile but wasnā€™t painful and couldnā€™t feel anything at all. Recovery was also ok. Not as bad as what many described so donā€™t worry too much about it. You will be able to get off ur bed on the 2nd day with aching at the wound area but not sharp pain kind of pain as you will be on painkillers and epidural is still in effect at least for the next 2-3 days (will slowly wear off). Make sure you keep your binder on unless you are going to shower. As the binder was a life saver. It kept whatever is happening down there, tight. If itā€™s removed, you will feel weird and out of place šŸ˜…

Read more

Mine was a breeze. Arrived at the hospital for preparation at 6:30am and was back to my ward at 9:20am. I didnā€™t feel anything during the process, from anaesthesia to bringing my baby to the world. From ā€œcuttingā€ to the arrival of my baby, itā€™s less than 30mins? Or even shorter. Too sleepy to be focusing on the clock šŸ¤£ For me, the walking on the next day is far more uncomfortable than the C-section. Go slow and take your time if you really have to go through emergency C-section. All the best!

Read more

less than half an hour mainly just feeling tugging feeling. they gave me some gas then I was drowsy for the epidural. Didn't feel much but talked to my hubby during the process cause didn't want to think too much about it . After the epidural wears off mainly just take the stronger pain killers.