i am sick and taking med. baby movement getting lesser and not as active as b4

I am 29 weeks. I always feel my baby v active throughout the day. But now i have been coughing for a few days and taking med given by GP. i noticed baby is not as active as b4. Is my condition or med affecting the movement ? Is it normal?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thank you all for your reply.... I didnt feel much movement ytd (except the hiccup), as in no 10 movements in 1 hour. The movement slowly decreased the day when i started to take med. Usually she is active after my meal, or 8pm onwards. And i also tried to drink some sweet and cold drink, sweet snacks, it also doesnt work. I never took my med for the whole day ytd. Then, i finally feel the movement getting more ard 12am... i think it could be the med make baby drowsy, despite the med is non-drowsy. Cos i also feel lethargy when having med.

Read more

I am sure your GP had prescribe medication safe for pregnancy use. Do you recall any activities that could make baby active? My baby used to be more active when I eat something sweet , when I watch tv or sleep flat on the bed.

It's like that. I got viral when I was 6 months pregnant. I got pregnancy safe medications from gp. I notice baby movement was less active when I took the medicines. Guess the medication make baby drowsy as well.

4y ago

Yes this is true for me as well when i was pregnant and took meds :) baby was less active but its okay. Nothing to worry about i feel as the meds are safe.

Maybe baby changed his active time! I noticed my baby was less active for a few days and was worried. Turns out he decided that morning is more fun! Maybe can try to observe and see if this is the case? :)

Super Mum

Pregnancy safe meds wont affect baby. As baby grows, the movement can be lesser too. You can do kick counts at the same time each day, if it's really a concern then do talk to your gynae

VIP Member

I realised that sometimes when we sick or very tired, baby movement will decreased, i will monitor again a day later and baby will be active again :)

Check with ur gyane better.