baby movement for 38-39 weeks

I am now 39 weeks. I feel my baby movement like getting slower, softer. I barely feel it unless i put my palm on my bump. However, it is more active between 12am to 2am. I rmb, 1 day b4 ytd i think i didnt pay much attention to the movement and suspect that didnt feel it for whole day. So i drank cold n sweet drink, and lie down, finally feel relieved after got 10 v subtle movements in 1 hr b4 bedtime. My gynae only asked me to monitor is it 10 times a day. Is it normal for such baby movement at 38 to 39 weeks ? Im still waiting for any signs of labour. So stressful and worried what happened inside sometimes.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes is normal!!! Baby have limited space in your tummy now. As Long as there’s 10 movements I wouldn’t be worried. Every week you should have appointment to meet your gynae by then he/she will check how dilated are you. Don’t worry ok. Enjoy this precious moments with your hubby before little one arrives.

Read more
Super Mum

That’s normal:) there’s hardly anymore space inside to turn, and the head’s likely engaged.. so softer movements is about right! Don’t be stressed. Baby sounds happy and safe inside:) and will be out soon ❤️