Quickening on & off

This is my first pregnancy & Im currently 18 weeks + and already felt baby’s movements and soft kicks everyday. Noted that gynae usually will ask to start counting kicks by 27 weeks or 3rd trimester. Since im still in 2nd trimester, is it normal that some days i feel alot of movement but some days i feel lesser movement? Like baby not as active as the day before? Should i be worried or as long as theres movement within that day? #pleasehelp #firstbaby #firstpreganancy

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it’s normal! In earlier weeks their kicks tend to be soften so sometimes we don’t feel as much especially in the day when we’re working/walking around, kicks usually become stronger from w25-26 onwards. I felt that as long as there’s active kicks in a day, that’s ok. Kkh nurse also told me that as long as baby kick at least 10 times in 12 hours, that’s fine! If least than that then need to go down hospital

Read more
12mo ago

One consecutive movement/kick is counted as 1 time, so example if they flip and there’s a wave like feeling that’s considered 1 count only. If in between there’s a pause follow by another movement or kick then consider another count/new count

VIP Member

hi mummy, congrats! also if you’re worried you can always call up your gynae for some reassurance! and its normal to feel flutterings on and off before 21 weeks. kicks will get stronger after 22 weeks! its ok to feel anxious and paranoid! take care!

Hi Mummy, It is normal. Kicks or movements get strong after 22 weeks so don’t worry. As long as you can count 10 movements in 2 hours, it is fine