Single mother - help

I am 24 this year and I don't know what to do. I have yet to tell my family about this - and I am sure they will be disappointed. I left my home and have been staying with my aunt who loved me a lot since I was a kid and it hurts me to know that she will feel like she is a failure and I have disappointed her big time. I was actually told to abort or give birth and my boyfriend will leave me. He told me marrying me and having the child is a no choice for him. Because of the instability of our relationship and not being sure of our finances. Due to me not being able to take leaves just for abortion (and also me not wanting to). I have told him to leave (because he wanted to either way if I decided to keep it) and he just did it without looking back. Not to mention he talked to multiple adults with family/is married, they gave him the idea and supported the idea of leaving me should I want to keep the baby. I have been so depressed, I don't know what to do and I am worried about my unborn child. I am afraid after I give birth, I wouldn't be able to love him/her. This is my first pregnancy. Please advice..

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi babe, i’m in the same situation as you too. Firstly, if you are working, please continue working and inform your manager/boss about it. so atleast when you cant work anymore, u still get paid (maternity leave). Put aside atleast $200 every month. Secondly, u can head to Social Service Office (SSO) to ask for financial help. it’s going to be easy to share with a stranger about your problems, but your financial problems are safe between u and the officer. I approached SSO when i’m 2nd/3rd month pregnant and they are helping me with $150 a month from (oct 2020 - may 2021) because my due date is april 2021 & subsidies when i’m giving birth. That’s for financial wise. And as for appointments, please approach the nearest polyclinic so that u can get a referral from polyclinic to either KKH or SGH depends which hospital u prefer so that it’s cheaper or u can pay using your medisave too. Anyways, I myself am a single mother and i told the guy who impregnated me to leave because he doesnt want to be responsible for the baby. Please don’t feel helpless. It’s going to take an extra responsibility, but the help u get at the end of the day is worth it. Keep the baby 🥰😘

Read more
3y ago

it’s not going to be easy **