Hub not helping

I am 2 months pp now. Being a ftm is never easy. Hub not helping after work, not to mention weekends. He plays games most of the time during weekends. I am more lethargic with him around. Multiple talks and discussed this with him before. How can I make him realise that it is important for him to be part of this?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sorry to hear that. Telling him how you feel and if he doesn’t help it may have an impact on the health of baby and Mother might make him think again. You may also wanna Try and see if the doctor can tell him how important it is to take care of the pregnant Mother by keeping her happy..all the best. Hope things get better soon

Read more

Thanks mummies! I tried most methods, nothing seems to work. I had my mom talk to him subtlely since she is now staying with us and helping me out. Otherwise I would fall into depression. I cried once and he learned his lesson, however, things go back to the same after awhile. Sigh

VIP Member

Guess u realli need to talk to your hub. Can get him involved. You cant be doing alone. You will feel tired. Hoped you can get some helped from your family like parents or in-law. Take care.

TapFluencer

Then try staying with your parents the weekend and let him fend for himself to show housework will not magically fix themselves up. Since talks don’t seem to work so yet actions?

VIP Member

I agree with the mummies here, get someone else in e family to talk to your hubs or you can even go out for a nice meal with the hubs and tell him how you feel etc. Take care!

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/getting-dads-involved-in-parenting

Hi, I would suggest talk to your family members about it and make them to talk to your husband as well.

Super Mum

Speak up and let him know the issues. Communication is important.

5y ago

Did, F2F chat, text, nags all.. now waiting for miracle to happen.

Talk to your husband about it. Communication is important.

Get ur parents/in laws to talk to him as well?