Hi I am 12 weeks pregnant. Should I visit a GP or gynae for a mild flu? Thanks

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I had the flu last week, went to a GP and was prescribed symptomatic medicines. Runny nose: Chloraphenamine and Regular no caffeine paracetamol for fever and headache. I'm fine now and after my gynae yesterday, baby's still all good and healthy. GP is enough, I asked my gynae yesterday and she says the same thing. :) get well soon!

Read more

Most gynae see patient for pregnancy related. My gynae always ask me to go to my family doctor for common sickness. But be sure to highlight to your doc that you are pregnant

Super Mum

GP is ok, just tell them u r pregnant, they will give pregnancy safe medicine.. but if mild flu, u can recover by urself, can consider self heal

If your gynae appointment is still sometime away, GP will be ok. Otherwise, gynae will be best☺️ Take care and God bless you and baby.

Read more

Gp, my friend! Rmb to tell him you’re pregnant for Med suitable for pregnancy! Rest well n get well soon🤗

GP but inform the doc u are expecting. So he will prescribe u medicine which are safe for pregnancy 😉

VIP Member

mild flu GP will do but must let dr kno u r preg, then they can give u those meds safe for pregnancy.

Usually during pregnant u will get stuffy nose... So is common. Don't need to see gp

5y ago

if u feel really unwell pls go see doctor... Take care :)

go visit GP and mention about your pregnanncy. U will get better soon mamma