Which weeks in pregnancy to visit gynae?

Hello! As I am going through this pregnancy alone, I would like to be able to save as much as I can, visit as little as possible, and only visit for those important weeks needed because I am a single mother. This is my first pregnancy and I would like to know when is the weeks I need to take note to go visit the gynae. I visited when I was 7 weeks pregnant. I am currently 11 weeks nearly 12 weeks. Please advice and tell me the important weeks I should visit the gynae. Thank you!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I just delivered my baby and had my pregnancy examination in KKH. According my experience, some weeks are quite simple but these all depend on how healthy you and your baby are. I.E. week 16 is not necessary to me as the doctor just read the report to me, saying everything is normal. I aftermath thought it is unnecessary to wait like 1hour and just listen to the doctor for less than 5 minutes. The 3rd trimester is somewhat important even though seeing the doctor is also simple, no major examination But just listening to baby's heartbeat and checking baby's head size. Here is my suggestion: try to get every report after AMC check. Look after all parameters of the report to understand you and your baby's health condition, which I think in some cases you can skip seeing doctor consultation. Week 20, 24 are very important, please don't miss them.

Read more

All pre natal visits ARE IMPORTANT. Not for you but for your growing fetus. Even if there is no ultrasound, your gynae will still use the doppler to hear your fetus' heartbeat. You will still need to do the glucose test & the blood test and gynae will start to measure your belly for baby's fundal height & do vaginal swab test when you're in the late 3rd trimester so yes, do make sure to attend all appts. Even if you don't attend, they will still give you a new date. By the way, which hospital are you going? If you're in NUH, all bills will be billed to your home address except for the 1st ultrasound. So you don't need to worry to fork out cash on the spot. There is always financial help. You can ask the hospital staff and they will be glad to assist you. All the best!

Read more
3y ago

Truly understand but best is not to avoid any of the appointments as they are very important for your baby's growth. Do ask around about the financial aid at KKH. All the best to you and baby! Take care!

Go to Polyclinic for referral to either NUH, KKH or SGH. As a subsidy patient, you will only be required to visit the gynae and do the necessary test when there is a need. So you just follow their appointments duly. Don’t skip the appointments; it is important to monitor your baby growth at each stage. If you need financial support, talk to the nurse and they will refer you to the social worker who will help you to apply for financial support. Take good care and God bless you and baby.

Read more
3y ago

Hi, If you have reach out to social service office for financial aid, then there is no need to approach the nurse as they will also route you to them. Am just thinking aloud, maybe you can reach out to the AWARE (https://www.aware.org.sg) and check what support they can render you. Sending you lots of love and hugs. May you have a smooth pregnancy, May help (be it people or financial) come your way. May you and baby stay healthy. God bless you and baby. Take great care. Try to stay positive and happy. A happy mama, a healthy baby!

Hello dear.. Just wanna give you some encouragement 💪🏻💪🏻 I’m a single mummy to be as well. I’m in my 7weeks now.. stay positive and God bless you and you little Angel! 😊😇🙏🏻

Read more
TapFluencer

I visited the gynae at 6 weeks. if you would like to save more you could go poly get a referral letter and be subsidy patient

mine was monthly visit after wk 12. well, its still up to what gyane suggest

8 weeks. too early cannot see anything