husband is a smoker.

My husband is a smoker. He is a VERY HEAVY SMOKER. But, my house is a smoking free zone. I don't allow him to smoke in the house/toilet or anywhere near my house. I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant. I tend to be more breathless when i smell smoke if he is smoking in the corridor or anywhere near the house. How do i get him to understand that the smoke can actually harm my kids and myself?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmm, it’s not that easy for him to just quit? I managed to quit smoking while I was pregnant and it wasn’t an easy journey. (Everyone is different! I know people who say quit and just quit in a snap.) It also doesn’t help that when I first went for check up at KKH, the gynae was extremely judgemental and simply told me off for not quitting. I believe all smokers know that smoking is unhealthy but it is more of a habit than an addiction! So making the person feel bad about smoking will only push the person further away from what you want to achieve. Maybe your husband is feeling stressed? Really need to understand why he doesn’t stop and continue to do what he’s doing. Hope everything will turn out fine in the end mama! Hang in there!

Read more
3y ago

Yes I totally get that! But when the person is not feeling great, I think being nagged at will not get the person to cooperate. Anyway, hopefully all is well!