Husband is jealous coz baby is more sticky to me more than him (I'm sahm). He said he wanted to quit for a year and let me go back to work so baby can stick to him. He already imagine beautiful life taking care of baby at home 24/7. What do you mommies think about this?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Maybe before he really quit his job, can take a week off or something, to try hands on to take care baby himself. Has he tried hands on whole day by himself to settle housework plus baby? This quitting job to take care baby 24/7 is no easy feat

Hahahaha.. If ur man wants to do it for a year, just let him try.. Then maybe he will know the hardship u go thru... Maybe end up he will prefer working.

so good, my hubby only wants to be with the child from 5 years old onward which is only playtime... he say he is not cut out to be a nanny

I don’t think any parent should be a full time stay at home parent and both should be working after maternity - healthier for the kid

Ask him to take a week leave first and see how it goes Aside from that, having sufficient finances is important too

Get ur husband to take 1 week leave and tryout. And if ur financial is ok for 1 parent to be working only.

Super Mum

My husband’s been a stay at home dad for 3 and a half years. I have to give it to him. He goes crazy sometimes because of the kids but he’s giving it his all, and I couldn’t be prouder of him. That said, not everyone can do it. Also, because our parenting styles are innately different, there’s a lot of adjustments of expectations to be done, a lot of compromise and a lot of learning from each other and respecting each other’s styles. If your husband wants to give it a shot, let him try it out for 2 weeks. That’ll give him enough time to see if this is really what he wants, and to see if he has what it takes.

Read more

Try for a week. Dont help him out during the day , sort of practice and see how he feels. As technically if he quits and you start working, he will do all the baby stuff.