Baby born in the year of the Tiger

My husband and I are planning to have a child. But my in laws suggest we should wait another year as it's the year of the Tiger next year. Is anyone out there facing the same issue? How do you deal with such in laws. Thank you in advance!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm a 母老虎!I had an easier life I feel, the birth rate is always lower tiger years so there's less competition for schools. My only worry is that in laws will be pantang about their son marrying a tiger wife but literally no one I know of had that issue and I think that's pretty silly now in these times. In my parent's time they just avoided giving birth after midnight, because they felt the stigma may be stronger in case any in laws are super religious, but again, haven't heard of that being an issue at all. Maybe you can ask your parents if you had a son and he wants to marry a Tiger would they object vehemently? If not then what is their concern?

Read more
Super Mum

You don’t necessarily conceive as soon as you try. And above having a child born in the year of a specific animal, I think it’s more important to have a happy and healthy baby from a healthy pregnancy. In this case, your husband should tell his parents that this pregnancy is between him and you, and that they should not stress you or give you instructions/pressure. (This is my opinion, but they had their chance to create as many tiger babies as they wanted to 😆. Now they should just enjoy their golden years and leave the baby planning to the next generation)

Read more

Don’t wait, to conceive can be a challenge nowadays due to various factors…you may think you can get it by next year but sometimes it takes longer. You’re the one caring for your child so don’t really need care in laws in my opinion. I am expecting a tiger child and my parents are more than delighted as we have TTC for 2 years…we count our blessings. Also agree on the point about having less competition for primary schools as birth rate tend to be lower during tiger years (hopefully it stays this way for my child’s advantage hehe)

Read more

My father has the same mentality. Quite absurd to to hear 母老虎 if it’s a baby girl. Like hello it’s 2021 😂 Rebutted him by telling him if that’s the case should be expecting no baby girls being born next year. Understand your sentiments and frustration. My husband and I have no issues with any gender nor horoscope. To be able to conceive is already not easy. Hope your husband shares the same thought as you.

Read more

I’m born in the year of tiger & I’m planning to have 1 in the tiger year too. Honestly, if you & ur hubby are ok with year of tiger, then just concieve. I don’t believe in such thing . I actually like it if you tell me Low birth rate and sch easier to enter 😂

Depends on whether u are superstitious anot. If u and hubby not superstitious then just do it. Your in laws can’t make u abort or do anything at most just nag.

TapFluencer

Ignore. The decision to have children whenever you deem fit is both parents’ to make.

May I ask why are your in laws against having a kid born in the year of the tiger?