My husband has never been a great provider. He's so much of a mamas boy that he gives all his salary straight to his mom and got into big debts to help support the needs of their family. Whats worse, he's into liquors and gamblings. I tried to talk about this with him and his mom expecting her to understand my side as i am pregnant at that time needing the support from my husband for our expenses and my monthly checkups. But she defended him saying he's a good son making me feel he just did whats right. I have loved his family since we were just bf-gf, but how they treat me now after marriage develops my hatred. They even meddled with my business that went into bankrupcy. They borrowed me money and never paid. I dont know where will i find respect for them. What should i do?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Almost same situation here except for the vices. My husband is an ofw and he sends money to both me and my mother in law. Tried to talk to him about it na baka pwedeng wag na muna sya send money kay MIL or if may exepenses sa side nila wag naman lahat sya mag shoulder. Most of the time he won't respond. I know it sounds offensive but I can't just keep my feelings. At least I let him know how uncomfortable I am with that situation. Sobrang hirap especially now na lumalaki na si baby and malapit na mag school and we pay monthly amortizations also. I always encourage him to save but when we talk about these things it's seems that I'm talking to the wall. He always try to avoid the topic. MIL is also very jealous given that my husband is a mama's boy. Also don't know how to deal with this. I've done my part to understand him, to talk to him...it's him who doesn't cooperate and doesn't know where I'm coming from. With regards to MIL, I don't want her gone like forever, though it's the only solution. I just want her to learn to accept that her son has his own family now and allow him to be a responsible breadwinner to his wife and son. Whew!

Magbasa pa