hubby lacklustre support

My hubby is lacklustre about child caring and doesnt take any effort to read up on baby sleeping habit or cultivate a good sleep routine. He feeds when he feel baby needs, he doesnt care about making good routine when I have been painstakingly trying to make a good one. I'm really very pissed off because baby's day routine drastically affect the night sleep and I have to be the one who feeds him at night. What can I do?? Should I just give up n throw baby to him?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my hubby was like that. whenever im trying to get baby into routine, he would nag baby still small bla bla bla. told him to read up when i alr specially sent the link, 'OH I DIDNT REALISED' yeah i feel you how at times they can be so irresponsible and make it seems its our fault for nagging.,till it affected our relationship and baby whole routine. what i did was let my hubby have his way and i just follow lor. a-z whatever he wants. there were a period of time he couldn't get any sleep bc the night was just full of baby cryings. he got so stressed up after 3days. i specifically told him if he thinks his way is right, at night if baby cry, he settle. he was confident but then he lost. and let me have my way. i made sure he follow my way like shower routine, bedtime routine, baby cues for feeding, etc. thankgod all is good now. no more sleepless nights, at least we can get our nap. tho my 3m baby still on 2hrly feeds, she dont cry like last time as we understand her cues now. now my hubby let me decide what i want to do for our daughter, but he still do voices out his opinions and we'll work on it tgt. but all this bc i have experience taking care of babies so i am able to explain to him if his opinions are ok anot. so yeah i just threw baby at him to settle. once he felt he was failing, he came to me to settle tgt. sometimes it takes them to experience it to understand our points

Read more
Super Mum

For the first baby. We followed confinement lady advice to follow routine

Super Mum

For the second baby, wife feed on demand and there is no fixed routine

Super Mum

Both first and second babies still wake up at night a few times

Have you talked to him with a counselor?

4y ago

Honestly hes not a bad hubby nor a bad dad just a little uneducated on how to care for baby. He just shrug off as like how our mum took care of us with no knowledge so we also dont need to read so much it will go naturally. I guess I might sound abit like helicopter parent but my purpose is to give us parent some breather. With baby having a good routine, we would also have a good night sleep. But I guess he wants it his way so some karma is on the way to him... haha