Sleeping through the night

When will my LO ever sleep through the night 😭 He is 5.5months now, having 1 feed at midnight between 12-2am and stirs on and off throughout the night. I am desperate for him to sleep through the night so I can get a good night sleep too 😭 I know I sound selfish for wanting a good sleep but I am really really really tired. Some nights he only stirs for milk but some nights are harder when he stirs every hour for pat pats. He's been unwell the last 1 week where he caught a cold, this is the reason why he is behaving more clingy and sticky even at night when he sleeps? I feel really sad whenever I hear my colleague's baby (of similar age), sleeping through the night but my little one seems to be really far from sleeping through. #advicepls #pleasehelp

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My boy sleeps through the night when he was 3 months going 4 months. Not because he is an easy baby but we did sleep training. Teething and sleep regression is definitely a myth if your baby is sleep trained.. Of course they will be cranky and fussy when they are unwell and my boy was like that too during the CNY week. Most importantly is when they recover, they are able to self settle. Fyi, we stopped any pattings, rocking or give pacifier when he started sleep training

Read more

I'm a FTM and all I did with my LO is basically get her on a schedule. so she takes her naps during the day. Wash and get him ready for bed time. I would use camomile honest lotion to massage her before putting on her pj. Feeding her of course and burp very important that she doesn't go to sleep gassy. then once she's settled I wrap her up in my arm and hum her to sleep. then I gentle place her back in the cot like every other night.

Read more

For the last feed at night Maybe try a fuller feed and see if he sleeps better. Baby sleeps better with a full stomach

some babies don’t even sleep through the night at 1 year old! teething can also make him more clingy