How to train a 3.5mths LO to STTN

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Baby needs to be able to self soothe to sleep. Meaning a bedtime routine is important and you need to follow it strictly. After babies, bath, massage, feed etc you can start off by soothing baby as you usually do. Once baby is sleepy or half asleep put baby is babies bed. Keep repeating the process whilst doing so baby may cry. Once baby cries you can go and try to comfort her. Its called the feber menthod otherwise its the typical cry it out method. At 3.5 months old. Its hard for baby to be able to sstn. Baby is too young and will need feeds in between. However, you can still teach baby to self soothe. It is recommended that we spend as much time possible with our infant. It helps with their growth.

Read more
8y ago

Ahhh same for me latch as well. Lol..

I would also want to know too. But u have to know that 5 hrs is alrdy STTN alrdy. Don't expect longer - if it happens it's a bonus because it is not really possible, they will be hungry le. Anyway, there will be sleep regressions and disturbances from teething and growth spurts so why u don't need to be too upset if it doesn't work or work a while and u are hit w one of these. Within first year, its v common to wake 3-4hrly

Read more
VIP Member

I don't really believe in training a baby to STTN. Every baby is different and will do so when ready. However, you can try to establish a routine to help baby distinguish night and day.

She needs to learn the skill of self soothing herself.

thanks