How to choose a baby bath tub?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I bought the Fisher Price Sling n Seat tub and have never regretted my purchase. I really like how it lets me bathe my baby hands-free instead of the traditional method where the baby has to be supported with one arm at all times. It's not easy bathing a wriggling baby with one hand, plus it's not fun for the baby either. This bath tub has 4 different stages to adapt to the baby's growth stage. If price is a factor for you, then you can get a standard bath tub, but do get a bath sling to make your life easier! :)

Read more
Post reply image

A few things to look out for when selecting a bathtub. #1 Comfortable contour which baby can fit comfortably inside. #2 bathtub that comes with removable sling or hammock to keep your newborn higher in the water #3 gentle incline to keep your younger baby lying supported in a slightly upright position #4 bathtub with resistant foam lining to prevent baby from slipping into the water. I'm currently using the one in photo attached which I had purchased from baby fair at price of about $50

Read more
Post reply image

I just got a regular bath tub and with the right techniques you don't really need a fancy one. When baby starts to learn to sit, they don't really want to be reclined in the tub and the position doesn't allow them to play with toys. This tub cost me less than $20 and if you're worried about handling the baby you can buy an insert which costs another $10.

Read more
Post reply image

We bought the Aprica Temperature-Sensing Baby Bathtub. Not only does the tub allow you to control water temperature, it also offers an anti-slip cover design to keep your baby from slipping while ensuring he/she remains comfortable throughout their bath. Bought from Robinsons at $49.

Post reply image

We got the stokke bath tub as a gift. It's pricey and besides being collapsible I don't think it's worth the price tag. If you have space at home just get a regular infant tub at home. Really no need to soend $20 on a tub!

Mine was just the regular plastic one from Sheng Siong! :-) Then we were given a foldable one and we love it to bits. You can fold it flat for storage so does not take up much space. Mummykids sell them.

VIP Member

Got a Latido brand bath tub from kiddy palace toa payoh - it comes with the stand - around $80 for the whole thing.

Post reply image

You need to see which bath tub secures the baby well in terms of grip and size. Brands don't really matter.

thanks