How supportive are you when it comes to your kids' extra curricular activities?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Well, my daughter is only 3-years-old, so she hasn't really begun to be too passionate about anything. However, my wife and I have discussed how we'll approach the situation, and it goes like this: We want to be supportive of her interests but we won't push her to try things that she doesn't enjoy. We know we'll have to "get the ball rolling" by enrolling her in things so she can figure out what is that she likes, but if she doesn't find joy in an activity, we'll move on to the next until we find her passion!

Magbasa pa

Super supportive...though I am way far from him,i still try to make it up for his interests...my son loves to draw...when he was attending pre school he draw in his paper...I am buying papers 2 pads a week.he likes to draw cars and planes...though my job is not well like the professional i've been trying so hard to give what he wants just the importants ofcoures...he also love singing and running around...and he wants to join on some contests which is so unlike me....

Magbasa pa

Very much! If only we could afford everything he wants to do that would help him grow and develop his skills and talents, I'd go all the way, I remember my son joining a fashion show and workshops every weekend when he was just 22 months old. It was tiring but it's all worth it seeing the joy on his face, And of course, who could be prouder seeing your little one on stage at his very young age.

Magbasa pa

We want to support our children to the best that we can. They're just toddlers at the moment but we want them to feel appreciated even in the simplest things they do. I let my son joined workshops when he was 2 and we let him attend short classes as well. Anything that would help my kids develop their skills and talents, we'll go for it as long as our time and budget can afford.

Magbasa pa

Very! You should always make it a point to support their interests and passions, whatever they may be. As long as it isn't hurting anyone or themselves, then you should have their backs!

I am very supportive of this because I'm able to watch them perform live. It's an opportunity for me to be able to coach them and give them tips before, during and after the activity.

Very supportive! I want him to experience and get as much exposure as possible if it will help him grow as individual. But of course, studies would always come first.