How to set a proper meal schedule when my 9 months lo's napping time is not fixed?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

First and foremost, a routine. A daily routine. Like for me, i wake up at 7.30am, clean house, send my son to school, come home and put baby to sleep at about 9.30am. He sleeps for an hour, then once he is awake ill cook lunch, by 11.30am feed baby. By lunch time me and hub eats. Play with baby and about 1230pm to 1.30pm baby has his afternoon nap till about 3 or 4pm etc. My son is 7 months old. Not comparing, but it is possible to fix up a rough gauge routine for both you and bub. You will realize that it will benefit both of you. Both of you will know what to expect, its stable for your lo too. Lids need a routine to feel safe and stable. Wheras for us mums, we know when we can rest. Lol

Read more
7y ago

Awesome! Good luck. Anytime here on PT :)

My 9 month old. Wake up at ard 7am. He will play till abt 10+ am then I will bathe him, give him milk n he will nap, 1-2hrs .. during his nap, I will bathe n cook his lunch, if he is still aslp by when I'm done then is housework time. Then when he wake up play till ard 12+~1pm then lunch ... after lunch cont play till ard 2+~3+ we will leave the house for activities outside. When we are outside he doesn't have a fix nap time so he nap on his own on his own. Dinner , he will eat with us so depending on what time we eat dinner. Then if still early he will have his play time, if not we will bathe him at ard 8+-9 pm then give him his milk n he will slp after that

Read more
7y ago

Thanks for sharing! :) I need to work on a routine as my baby sleeps and eat at a different time everyday.

I know what you mean, I cannot predict what time my 10 months old sleep. So I will feed him every 3-4 hours. A rough gauge but it works. Baby tummies are small hence they need food every 3 hours.

7y ago

Same thing here...giving him solid like every 3- 5 hrs as cannot gauge his napping time

thanks