Domestic helper schedule

Hi mummies I am hiring a migrant domestic worker (MDW) to help out with household and baby but not sure how to set her schedule at home. Actually on normal weekdays my kid is at school and nobody at home, so she just cleans the house.then when baby comes back, she will help to take care, feed ,bathe etc Can mummies who have experience share how do your set work schedule for your MDW? Thanks !

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Below is just my household style, my 2 cents worth. You have to see if she is hired mainly for the kids or housework? For my household, definitely to handle the kids then housework secondary. She doesn’t have any schedule aparts from waking up to prepare the kid for school (6am) then she can go back to sleep after they leave and wake up (usually she wakes up at 9~11am) to do housework till the kids are back. If we cannot wait for her to finish, then do it ourselves while she handle the kids. Else the other way round. My POV is give and take abit, always put yourself in her stand when planning. They are paid, but at the same time many employers forget they are just human and can only do this much. (My grandma for example) I’m thankful that mine is appreciative and won’t take this for granted, she’s been with us for 10 years 😊.

Read more