How do you politely ask your biyenan to move out of your house?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Filipinos are known to value extended family ties as part of their culture and tradition. It is very evident on my end as we still live with our in-laws and their relatives. And as much as I would like to live separately, us attempting to move out is already an issue for them. So I would suggest that you really talk to your husband regarding this matter. Taking the initiative to talk to your biyenan even in your kindest and polite way would still have a negative effect on her so it would be better if your husband do the talking.

Magbasa pa

Well, I've done this before, my wife and I talked to my mom-in-law if she can "have a vacation" in our province because there are lots of things that we can't talk over when she's around. But we promise to visit her every other weekend. She understood the situation. But I believe there are other in-laws who will take that negatively. But again, it should be you and your spouse not only just you or her.

Magbasa pa

I would agree with Mikaela. It would be more polite if your spouse will be the one to talk to her mom. Usually in cases like this, my older friends suggest that it should be the son/daughter of the in-law who is responsible in explaining that they need some time to talk things over and fix some issues within the family. Expect a negative reaction but that's normal most of the time.

Magbasa pa

Wow, that is a tough question. I guess it has to be your spouse's role, not entirely yours, so as there wouldn't be any further misunderstanding. Ask your spouse to talk to her parents and carefully explain that it's best thing to do, not just because you want them out.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-11126)

Wow! Hirap nun. I think it would be best for you not to do it but ask your spouse to be the one to talk to him/her. That way, it would be easier for them to accept coming from their son or daughter.