Toys!! Need suggestions

How to pick toys for babies?

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

till 1 year old.....soft, colorful and not sharp edged 1 to 2 year old.....toys which involve shapes, colors 2 to 4 year old.....light colorful books and toys which have movement 4+ ..... legos etc which are edutaining and fun too or where their interest lies in

Read more
VIP Member

How old baby? First six months toys are unnecessary - just get a Rattle, a jungle gym playset and a ball that they can grab :) From 6 months to 18 months - books and anything that has texture to play with - recommend a busyboard. Post 18 months LEGO duplo :)

Read more
5y ago

Baby is 12 months old. Thanks for the suggestions 😀

VIP Member

I just bring him to the toy shop, if he likes this than okay ill buy that. I prefer to buy things that he like not things that i think is good for him but he ends up not playing or liking it in the first place

5y ago

👍🏻

VIP Member

i will choose 1 according to age group. some toys not recommended for younger babies as it contain some tiny parts, afraid baby will put into mouth and chocked

VIP Member

I didn't buy lots of toys, I let him explore the house, play with anything. it can be a calculator, a pot, a spoon. anything that's not dangerous.

VIP Member

First of all the toys should not be hard and not consist of tiny parts. The sales staff should be able to recommend a suitable toy(:

VIP Member

nothing is more attractive then controllers when they are still babies 🤣 rattles and toy controllers which makes sounds.

they need to look attractive. nice Colors.. make sure not too pointed.. need soft ones.. and not too loud!!

5y ago

Thanks for the suggestions 😀

Check out Fisher Price toys, they have age related on their boxes, can get 2nd hand on Carousell

5y ago

Agree second hand toys are great