How often did you bathe your newborn? Do you need to wash their hair with shampoo at each bath time?

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I bathe my baby once everyday and wipe down once at night. I don't wash their hair with shampoo. It is difficult to wash off the shampoo when they are still young and soft and besides they don't get dirty easily. I only press a pump of top to toe soap into the water and wipe their head with a washcloth several times making sure that it is thoroughly wet before drying off and continue to wash their body.

Read more

Newborn hardly gets dirty so bathing once a day should suffice. More attention should be paid to areas with creases (such as armpits, groins, back of knee) as these are where dirt may gather. My sister-in-law use shampoo/soap suitable for babies when my niece and nephew were newborns. But she only uses a small amount just to make sure that babies were clean and comfortable.

Read more

A bath 2-3 times a week is enough to keep your newborn clean. But if your baby really likes baths m, you can bath him once a day. Bathing more than this can dry out your baby’s skin. You can keep your baby’s genitals clean between baths by using warm water and cotton wool.

I didn't use shampoo. But I gave my babies a bath once a day, and if I had to take them out of the house, I'd give them a bath whenever we got back. It also depends on the weather though. On cold days, I could skip a full bath and just use wipes or a sponge to clean the folds in their skin.

i used to give my baby a bath once a day for the first 6 months, and would clean with a damp cloth before bedtime at night. sometimes would also give a warm bath at bedtime. i started using a baby shampoo only after they were about 4 or 5 months old

For me, I don't like routine. Never count them. But I will wash her hair or shower her. Whenever she get dirty. As long as my baby had very sensitive skin and can't use wet wipes, I will clean her with water every time I change nappies

You'll wait for 24hrs after birth before you give him/her first bath(it keeps them away from infection). Then every morning bath though that's depends on your country weather. You bath without shampooing their hair.

VIP Member

Once a day with shampoo but it’s all up to you. As long as it’s before the sun sets so baby won’t get cold. Also can use excess breastmilk too :)

Daily. Though baby's skin is so sensitive, because of very hot weather, my baby girl enjoys shower for her to sleep peacefully. Alhamdullilah, a healthy baby ❤️

VIP Member

It’s better not to use any soap and shampoo. Rather you can use mixture of milk and gram flour(besan) to bath the baby. You can bath the baby twice a day.