How do you bathe your baby?

My baby is 7 weeks old now, have been bathing her with half a pump of the cetaphil shampoo/soap into the bath water in baby tub as taught by confinement nanny. And don’t need to wash off. Wondering when can put more of the soap and when to put the soap/shampoo like how we bathe as adults..? Thanks!#firsttimemom #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Babies don't perspire as much as us or even as much as toddlers so there's actually no need to even use soap that frequently. but yes cz of sg weather, personally I also only put half a pump for my baby. Depends on how sensitive ur baby's skin too. For my firstborn, we weren't so sure and made bubble bath for him but luckily his skin is totally fine, not dry, never had any rashes. We only use cheap Kodomo wash till now he's 3 years old. But for my 2nd born (7 wks too), we are more careful not to use too much soap cz her skin seems to be more delicate, (often gets heat rash). So I often use breastmilk in her water bath cz it's actually better than using soap.

Read more

My nanny also taught to put a little bit,like 4 drops of soap, to the tub of water,and use it for both hair and body. but honestly tt doesn't get my baby's hair clean, and got smell lol. so now I shampoo his hair with a tiny squirt of the hair and body wash, then rinse off with water,before putting baby into the bathtub. bath water has another small squirt of soap, and I don't rinse off.

Read more

my baby is currently 10 weeks old and I started to pour a little soap when she was like 8 weeks (very little like a drop on my fingertip to wash her hair directly) sg weather too hot lol her hair like got smell.. so far no issue and her hair smell nicer haha.. for body as usual just pour into the bath tub directly mix with the water . nv directly put on her body

Read more

My baby is 9mo and I only put one pump of hair and body wash. Since I don’t rinse her like an adult would do, one pump is far more than sufficient

I dont think babies need alot of soap cause theyre not that dirty, not as dirty as adult. My baby is almost 4 months i still put little bit of soap.