How do mummy treat baby hiccups? My father keep asking me to give plain water.. is it okay?My baby is 7 months old.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

After 6 months is ok to give. It's not wrong, some dumb people got it in a wrong way of their mindset... somehow like when people say can give plain water then they stopped the milk completely and kept giving just water. you CAN give but DONT STOP milk formula. Can give water just to make the hiccups go away or satisfy their thirst then continue the milk.

Read more

If your baby continues to hiccup for more than ten minutes, try giving her some gripe water. Gripe water is a natural combination of herbs like ginger, fennel, chamomile, or cinnamon which help ease stomach discomfort caused by excess gas or air in the stomach. But do not over feed your baby with water

Read more

My baby gets hiccups so much since he was born and now he’s 8 months old. I give him water, but just a little bit. An ounce or two at a time.

After 6 months it’s ok to give water but only in small amount. If below 6 months then I just let the hiccup go away without doing anything!

VIP Member

My confinement nanny will stick a small damp tissue on my baby forehead to stop hiccups. Works some times.

It is ok to give water after 6 months. Or as soon as you feed solid. Otherwise mouth can be quite dry. :)

Super Mum

It's normal for young baby to gv frequent hiccup. Don't give water! No use anyway

Is ok to give water especially when ur baby is already 7 months. Moderate is key.

This is usual and should be fine. If it happens a lot, check with doctor.

VIP Member

Give water but if it's been awhile then best to see the doctor