managing time with baby after work

How do you mummies manage the emotions after going back to work. It saddened me that there is only afew hours evyday from 8pm till baby sleep to spend time with baby. Even no as i go out for just half a day, and with baby at home with the caregiver. It just so sad that i only get to spend time with baby for afews hrs. Still got to bath and rush through dinner.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Just make sure that however short the time you have for your LO before he/she sleeps, is a good quality time. Do things with him/her that only you can do e.g. latch, mirror games, see-saw, sing a special song, read a book (different from all the books that the caregiver reads), etc, It’s difficult and heartbreaking at first but it does get better over time.

Read more
TapFluencer

Understand how you feel. My boy leaves home to IFC at 630am and reach home around 730pm. I only have 2.5-3hrs a day with him😔. I've no helper, that 2.5hrs is so precious to me, I will prepare his milk bottle, clothing and all housework after he sleep.

Yes. Is very rush on weekdays night. My baby sleep at 8pm. So I will try to spend more time with him even playing awhile. On weekend I will spend my time with him

VIP Member

Was emotional too being torn between work and baby for initial months. Things do get better with time.

VIP Member

I feel you. Try to spend as much time as you can with your lo. Read / sing to them.

Make sure the time you spend with them is quality time!