Managing time

First time mummy here. My baby is currently 1 month plus. It have been overwhelming at times and learning to cope with the new role as mummy. My husband goes to work in the day time. I find it difficult to manage simple house chores, ‘me’ time and find the time to express my milk, lunch and dinner. Oh and even shower! For stay home mummy, how do you manage your time ? I know I can do some of it during baby nap time but Baby wakes up so quickly all the time. Please share!! #firstbaby #1stimemom #pleasehelp #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby is 8.5 mths now. I'm a stay home mom. I'm still struggling to find a balance tbh. But what I do is that I usually will list down the things I wanna do. And then when baby is sleeping. I'll do at least one of the things in the list. And then wait for baby to sleep again. When someone else is around to help (parents or husband), then ask them to handle the baby while u take a good shower, enjoy ur food and complete ur list. Its not easy. But you can do it! You'll master it better and better day by day. Just don't forget about your wellbeing while being a mom. (:

Read more
VIP Member

I feel you, totally relatable. Have a 3yo and now a 1yo, it can be hard.. looking at the house in a mess, laundry basket is full, kid screaming, baby crying and hungry etc. You might consider some help, be it from your parents, part time helper... or simply, not giving up on the housework and focus on the kids. Wait till when the time and opportunity comes to do it. 🤣

Read more

is not easy to be honest prioritise is the key do what u think is important when baby is sleeping I pump while having my meal, if run out of bottle or pump part for next feed I will do washing 1st or else I will have a quick shower to refresh myself laundry, sweeping mopping etc can be done when hubby is back

Read more
VIP Member

I know it’s hard mummy. No amount of planning will work. It’s hard to get me time. If you have anyone who can help don’t hesitate to ask. Give a bit of priority to yourself.. which most of us ignore.

VIP Member

Is really hard. Just do things slowly and let urself pick up :)