no milk for new born all of a sudden

My son was born on April 11th. Till day before yesterday I had milk probably that was sufficient for him as he was peeing and pooping frequently and it was normal. From yesterday I see drastic drop in my milk and he is not satisfied how much ever I feed him. He didn't sleep whole night and was hungry all the time. I spoke to paediatrician who will be on emergency and he asked me to give nan pro if I feel my milk is less. I tried feeding him again in the morning, but he is sucking just as a pacifier, but not swallowing anything. No pee or poop from early morning which indicates that there is nothing in his stomach. Pls help. Has anyone faced it? What causes sudden drop in breast milk. How to increase it?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't worry... Mix two spoons of Nan pro in around 30ml water and feed him with a dropper.... And when he is feed let him suck your nipples... Sucking nipples will automatically increase your milk production... Also you can try galact granules of ayurveda or talk with your gynaecologist... He will give you a tablet.... I forgot the name... I will tell you tomorrow.... Don't worry much... If your kid weight is appropriate... He will manage well.. Just don't panic... God bless you

Read more

Dont worry if he is not drinking .. make him drink buffalo milk. Mix some water in it then feed . M also drinking buffalo milk since childhood. Not only me but my all siblings . So i dont think its a bad idea

Have u been pumping or Latching less frequent It’s a demand supply thing Try pumping more often The supply should come back Drink more soup, water and eat more fish

Read more

Drink shatavari kalp