How to make your kid eat and enjoy veggies? My faves are Filipino recipes!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I've recently found an addiction in the form of bento making. I love collecting adorable bento tools because not only they're pleasing to the eyes, they also help me make my kids eat veggies! It makes their mealtime very enticing. Maybe you should try it too. Here's a sample of a bento box with veggies poked into bento picks Photo credits to bentobetterlunches.com

Magbasa pa
Post reply image

I started feeding them with veggies and fruits only as their first food that's why they got used to the taste when they were growing up. If they become picky at times, I make variations. I use the blender to mix veggies and store them in the fridge. We also make veggie salad for our merienda.

Don't let them know that what they're eating are vegetables. it'll also help if they do not grow up eating loads of meat and junk food. If the first things they eat are vegetables, they'd grow accustomed to how they taste like.

VIP Member

I am just lucky na hindi ko sila kelangang pilitin na kumain ng gulay. Mga gulay at prutas kasi ang una nilang solid foods. I suggest, make veggie soup ung blended para hindi obvious na gulay

VIP Member

U can prepare lumpia, pancit, chopseuy, veggie burger etc.. My son likes pancit. Mahilig din sya kumaen ng lettuce basta thousand island ang sauce 😊

VIP Member

u can make cute baon! bonggahan mo ung food presentation hahaha

Sing the Bahay Kubo to them.

VIP Member

avoid giving them sweets

😊