I've started to experiment with cooking Filipino dishes as of late, but I also want to make something a little lighter. Are there any Filipino salad, soup, or lighter food recipes I should try preparing for my family? Please keep it simple because I'm still a novice in the kitchen!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

You should try making miswa at patola soup! It's easy to prepare and cook. This hearty dish is done by first sautéing garlic and peeled patola cubes. Once the garlic turned translucent in color, add in the chicken stock. Let it simmer for about 2 mins then add in the miswa (thin noodles made of wheat flour and egg). Let it simmer for another 2 mins then add salt and pepper to taste. It is a perfect combination for any fried dish like fried chiken, fish, pork etc and is even good on its own. Happy cooking!

Magbasa pa

You might want to try making basic ensalada. You only need these three main ingredients: radish (julienne cut), tomato and onion (diced). Mix them in a bowl and then add sea salt and a dash of pepper to taste. This ensalada is a perfect combo to any fried or grilled dish, especially grilled bangus!