Breastfeeding

How to make our breast full of milk...my baby was 1 week and my milk still little.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I didn’t have enough milk for my baby (she drank a lot at the start) till my baby was 3-4 weeks old. Only then could my supply keep up. Keep latching on demand, and if you can, also pump in between latching. Drink a lot of fluids, eat well and get as much sleep as you can. Here’s something important: if baby’s really hungry and you don’t have enough milk yet, it’s completely okay to top up the feed with formula milk. Baby will be full and happier. Once you have more milk, then you can do complete breastfeeding if you’d like:)

Read more
4y ago

While this is true, topping up often kills a mother’s supply. Join a pro BF group for some support or see a lactation consultant. I have many friends who just top up, but then their body never produces more because it isn’t stimulated to. Must keep latching and pumping, tell your body it needs to produce more.

VIP Member

Drink more fluid like soup, milk, red dates tea and continuing to latch/pump. One week still early to see breast full of milk.

VIP Member
VIP Member

You need to hydrate, rest and eat nutritious food. Continue to latch your baby on demand or pump every 2-3 hours.

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/how-to-increase-breast-milk-supply

VIP Member

Drink lots of fluids and keep pumping/latching. Don’t stress yourself too!

Hey, Have lots of green leafy vegetables and drink lots of fluids

VIP Member

For me, taking loads of soup helps, esp peanut soup.

Beans, red kidney beans and eggs

Oats and drink lots of liquid