C section story/recovery

Hi mummies, due to failed induce, there’s high chance ill be doing emergency csect. The thing I fear the most, for someone who have zero pain tolerance. Can mummies share you csection story, the pain level and how long you took to recover #FTM #firstbaby

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m a 5 mth pp c sect mom, also a ftm. Tbh, the whole C-section process was a breeze, didn’t feel any pain, maybe just a little bit when they put that needle thing on my wrist. My most fear was the spinal injection but i didn’t feel a thing. Maybe the anaesthetist is very good at her job. Walking on the second day is a challenge but manageable with the help of painkillers. Just take all the time you need to get off the bed and move really slowwwwwwly. Discharged and went home on the fourth day I think, I could walk and even climb up and down the stairs, use the toilet and wipe my body clean (I didn’t shower during confinement), no problem at all, with painkillers of course. Getting up from bed and lying on it is tricky but again, manageable. I placed a sofa stool next to my bed to help myself with the movement (my bed is high). Overall, my recovery is a smooth one, no bleeding from the wound or any complications. Just apply the scar gel given by my gynae. Hope it helps to relax you a bit.

Read more