C section duration

How long did your c section take? And do you feel anything during the process? Like can feel the knife etc I might be going for emergency csection due to no progress, and want to prepare myself mentally.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You will only feel tugging but it’s not painful at all. The only painful part is the epidural hahaha. The birth itself was very quick. I think less than 15 mins and my baby was out. The long part was the stitching which took quite awhile but wasn’t painful and couldn’t feel anything at all. Recovery was also ok. Not as bad as what many described so don’t worry too much about it. You will be able to get off ur bed on the 2nd day with aching at the wound area but not sharp pain kind of pain as you will be on painkillers and epidural is still in effect at least for the next 2-3 days (will slowly wear off). Make sure you keep your binder on unless you are going to shower. As the binder was a life saver. It kept whatever is happening down there, tight. If it’s removed, you will feel weird and out of place 😅

Read more