How involved is your Husband in your children's lives? I'm just disappointed that my husband doesn't seem ready to be a Father yet. He's not young, he's just like a blockhead. I tried to send him articles to read, encourage him to read up more about pregnancy and how to handle kids as a first time parents. He's excited about having kids but he's not doing anything else. I added him in Fb mummies n daddies group so that he can read those queries that mummies daddies post. Because of some complications in pregnancy I gotta quit my job. So I'm so free to Google n check things out. Like what milk bottles to buy, breast pump, milk powder, diapers, when's baby fair what to buy at the fair etc etc etc etc. So I asked him for opinion he will be like "I'll check" but he NEVER GET BACK TO ME. I ask again n again on separate days. There's a upcoming baby fair and I said the baby fair don't seem to sell the Sterilizer I want. He's like what you want ; Oh, then how? I was mad. I mentioned Hanil like 10-20 times before?!! Is he even listening. I scolded him, don't think u are the only one working now u can't don't care anything. Because next time I'll go back to workforce and I can foresee I'll be only one handling both of them (I'm Expecting twins). I'm too is a ftm but I dislike how he know nuts and still doesn't seem to be worried. I even create excel spreadsheet to let know how what is needed for mummy and babies if anything he don't know he has to ask me or Google but he didn't even read through the spreadsheet. don't get me wrong he's a nice Husband, he massage me Every night even wash my feet for me because I can't bend down to reach. How can I make him be more involve in pregnancy n get him ready to be a daddy ?

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Woah woman, slow it down a little, just reading abt how many things u told ur husband and even creating a spreadsheet is quite a long long list. Just like u won't ask ur husband abt what brand of pad to use, don't expect yr husband to really know or be bothered to research on breast pumps that only u are using. Bottles and sterilizers - to them is can use will do. Frankly ur husband is 100% normal and if he does really do anything or research anything then it is a bonus. Do u have other girlfriends who are expecting or other support groups that u can share ur ideas and opinions and ask for opinions? I had a chat group n my bff was expected almost same time as me so I have other pple to ask. Maybe just let him know the things u want to buy. Only ask his opinion btn 2 items only - not too many options which u are confused urself. Like my husband only help choose when we were on the way to the baby fair and also help choose those that had quite a bit of price difference Parenting is not made equal. Whether u expecting 1 baby or twins, u will be the one doing MOST of the stuff. Getting the husband involved is just ordering him around while u attend to something too. My husband likes to hide behind "mummy knows best", I will only ask a bit for his opinion because to them as long as we are happy and can use it for whatever it is for and we can afford it then it is ok le My husband is also the nice type will help me massage while I was pregnant and all but some things if u can choose or do it urself then do it urself, keep him in the loop sometimes. Most fathers only know how to play with toddler and know nuts or are v little involvement during baby stage If u want - u can go for dadsforlife pre-natal parenting workshops. They are pretty good and I think dads will enjoy it too

Read more