How can I make my one year old son sleep though the night? I feel stress wherever midnight he will wake up for milk and worst even play around one / two hrs and he wake 6-7 am :(

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Each child has a schedule, some of them follows routines that we set for them - others just have their own schedule! I'd say that it's probably just a phase and will pass :) If your son wakes up for milk, please give it to him! Sometimes you can just give him his pacifier (if any) and pat him back to sleep, while others you probably need to get up to make milk for him. But if he wants to play, ignore him and be firm. Tell him that it is still night time and he should be sleeping, not the time to play yet! May not always work but you'd have to be consistent :) Lastly, just wanted to say that please DO NOT try to feed your child more before bedtime in hopes that he will sleep through the night - feed on demand and not for convenience. Also, things like cereal are NOT supposed to be placed into milk bottles because they are choking hazards!

Read more