How do I make my child understand that being punished is part of the growing up process and that he should take it seriously. Because no amount of punishment is making him feel sorry for his misbehaviour and actions.He never says sorry easily.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

since you mentioned that your child does not feel sorry for what he does, it means the punishment is clearly not working. instead of scolding him and making him feel bad, tell him that you have a problem with what he did, and not with him. you could use effective disciplining methods, such as taking away screen time, reducing allowance (if you are giving it) and such. you could also make him do home chores such as setting the dinner table, helping with laundry and such at play time. these are effective punishment methods i have tried with my kids and that have worked. and most important, talk to him. ask him why he behaves the way he does and if there is something that bothers him. sometimes it could be a tactic of gaining attention. tell him you always love him :)

Read more

Give him love instead and look at the root cause of his behavior, why is he behaving this way. Separate his behavior from the child.