Just ranting

Hello mummies I’m sorry for being annoying but today I went to the gynae and he says I have mild high blood and diabetes. And yet my husband says he’s actually not worried because I do not and the doctor is just prescribing me for prevention? Hello? And the first thing he says before this is ‘it’s my first child I won’t be so unlucky? Hello how about me? Prevention? The doctor clearly says I have mild blood pressure and I might have fits and it would be dangerous if I don’t get it controlled. And he’s being so insensitive about it? Sometimes I wonder if he really cares me? Really bawled my eyes out sometimes because of him his words are so uncaring and not helpful at all. He would throw verbal insults at me even thou he don’t raise his fist at me. I’m tired of his ways and thought of leaving so many times. But I’m pregnant with my first child I don’t know if I’m able to cope. Because of my pregnancy Im unsuitable for work, as I’m in my 24th week. And also I don’t Wan my child to grow up in a broken family. That’s why I bit my tongue and continue with it. Really in a dilemma.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m pretty sure men works differently than women. Especially their brains. They are not usually emotional and can joke about almost everything and anything which makes us women upset at the end of the day. I think the root cause of this problem is lack of communication (which I am also facing). Maybe when the situation is calm, just randomly talk in bed. Tell him you’re pregnant and hormones are fluctuating.. you may overreact at times but that doesn’t mean he can take it easy when doc say there’s something to be worried about. Tell him to listen and not comment anything yet until you’re done pouring out your feelings. Maybe he doesn’t want you to get worried because in all honesty he might also be worried just that he’s not showing it. Sounds just like my husband. All talk and no emotion. All about jumping to conclusion and don’t bother listening. Hahaha. I learn to live with it, just let him realise himself. Send him links about pregnancy, and everything about it’s complications. He is probably taking it easy because he doesn’t know the seriousness of it. My husband until now (2 weeks to my EDD) is still clueless and nonchalant about pregnancy complications, but I learn to stand on my own cause you’re the one carrying your child, you know what’s best for you and your child. Don’t let your husband be the cause of your tears, baby can get stressed up in there. Be strong, think positive. Breathe, don’t overreact because our hormones are heightened during pregnancy and it will only cause unnecessary doubts and can lead to depression. You absolutely don’t want that to happen. Take care, don’t overthink things. At the end of the day you just need to relax and enjoy your journey while you still can, with or without your husband’s care and concern. ❤️

Read more

Have a good talk with him and let him know how you feel; his attitude and his words have hurt you. Seek counseling if necessary. Heed the doctor's advice and have healthy diet. Don't get upset and try to be happy. Prepare yourself as you will be busy with your new born soon.

Totally feel you 😥in dilemma too..sigh

VIP Member

Take care and stay strong 😇❤️