How far away would you accept a preschool to be from your house?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would love to have preschool that is within walking distance from my house. But, there is none at the moment. Thus, I have to search for one that is not too far from my house and with school bus transport service. Both of my kids taking school bus. I feel it is less tiring for them to travel with public transport too. However, one big drawback for the school bus is bad peer influence as they will mix with other students in the bus. If school bus journey is more than 30minutes I will say the school is quite far and the kid might find it tiring in the long journey. Another option is to hire a taxi driver. When my daugther was in N1, I let a trusted taxi driver to fetch her to and come back from school. He calculated the fare based on the meter and add 10% surcharge. However, compare with school bus, school bus is a better option in terms of safety as there will be an aunty in the bus to take care of the kids.

Read more
VIP Member

My son's current preschool is 2 mrt stops away from my place. I take the train with him every morning to bring him to school before I go to work. It takes around 30 mins and we use this time to catch up, bond and talk. He really loves the school, his teachers and friends and I've seen how much he has grown in the school. I have many other schools that's one bus stop away only but they weren't on my list of choices then. To me, location wasn't my top priority when I was looking for a school. I guess it depends on what you can work with and how much priority you place on your deciding factors of the right school for your child.

Read more
VIP Member

I registered my daughter for a preschool which is 10 minutes from my home because it accepted my deposit when I was pregnant instead of requiring my child's birth certificate like other preschools. I'm now doubting my choice and am looking for a kindergarten instead. A childcare doesn't seem like it can prepare my child enough for Primary 1. Therefore, I'll consider anywhere within reasonable walking distance from my place (~10 minutes) because my dad might have to send my child to and fro school.

Read more

For me personally, I would prefer one that is either waking distance from my house or my office. Or en route to my working place and doesn't take me more than 20 minutes to detour.

Either near home or near office. My kid's preschool is several bus stops away and I always enjoyed the conversations in our journeys together.

About 25 mins max..but must be on the way from work to home

thanks