5 Replies

I mentioned it to my husband in a frank way. He was such a chain smoker before we formally became a couple. Fortunately, he changed. I gave him a choice: Continue smoking or I will not give him the chance to court me. My friends said I was so harsh, but I just can't tolerate his smoking habit. I made sure that he understood my point -- If he can't sacrifice his vices, then there are surely a lot that he cannot do for his future family. I am proud to say that my husband does not smoke anymore. :)

I suggest directly saying it to him. He should be able to understand your reasoning since it involves him as much it the baby and you. If he can't quit all at once at least try to ween him off little by little :) You can try tricks like chewing gum when the need to smoke comes, etc. You can read more about it here: http://www.helpguide.org/articles/addiction/how-to-quit-smoking.htm If this still becomes a problem try to get professional help because health is what matters the most :)

I think everyone is different, but it can also vary based on how often your husband smokes. Personally, I quit smoking before my wife was pregnant. But I was encouraged to do so because my wife talked to me and told me that she wanted me to stop. I think no matter how you say it, politely or rudely, being vocal about your concerns is the best strategy.

When I found out that I was pregnant with our first child, I talked to him and explained the side effects of smoking to an unborn baby. Good thing, it wasn't difficult for me to convince him to quit smoking just before I gave birth. Until now, he no longer smokes. I guess it's all about the willingness of the person to quit.

The easiest way would be to just say it straight. Tell your husband that it will be harmful for the baby if he still smokes in the house, and that you don't want him to get sick because of his habit. Hopefully, having a baby will make him change his mind about smoking.

Related Questions

Trending na Tanong

Related Articles