How do you encourage children to put down their tablets and ipads and play outside instead? I want them to be able to enjoy the street games we used to play when we were children, like tumbang preso, langit lupa, etc.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

My 2-year old then used to watch videos on his tablet to put him to sleep every single day. The only time he would give up was when the tablet was already drained. Until one day, his tablet was totally dysfunctional. During the first few nights, I thought it would be difficult for all of us to put him to sleep. But no, he even totally forgot about. I believe that if there are no gadgets visible in the household, the child can easily get rid of it. We can just probably use it when they are asleep or if they are busy with other activities. You may want to check out this article about ADDICTIVENESS OF TODDLERS & KIDS TO MODERN GADGETS http://www.academia.edu/5171371/ADDICTIVENESS_OF_TODDLERS_and_KIDS_TO_MODERN_GADGETS

Magbasa pa

I deleted the apps she finds interesting one at a time. Eventually she got bored. I have a toddler. For school age kids, you have to talk abput limiting their screentime. An hour should do and let them engage in free play, initially. You dont have to tell them to go outside if they dont feel like it. But if you find it necessary to play outside, take the lead and play WITH them outside and truly enjoy it.

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Samahan niyo po sa labas or una po kayong lumabas tapos inggitin niyo po. Yung younger sister ko na mag 2years old sa November sobra hilig sa cellphone kaya ginagawa ng mama ko is lalabas siya tapos aayain niya kapatid ko ayun binibitawan niya tapos nalabas siya. Pwede rin po na bigla niyong patayin yung gadget at sabihin sa kanyang lowbt sabihi niyo narin po sa kanya na icharge niya ganern po haha.

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Tago mo lahat ng gadgets. Wag ka din papakita na gumagamit ng celfone. Dalhin mo sila sa playground. I don't know kung may naglalaro pa ng tumbang preso at piko ngayun. Pero at least sa playground they can play with other kids. Tapos bilhan mo sila ng mga activity sets like painting set, mga toys that they can play as a group, etc. In that way makakalimutan nila mga gadgets.

Magbasa pa

Let him have friends outside. That's the quickest trick. In our neighborhood, there are a lot of kids so it's not really a problem for us to have the kids go outside and play. Just make sure to keep a good eye on your child all the time as peer pressure is such a great influence among kids.

Hide all gadgets, tell them nanakaw or nasira. Start in your own backyard and teach them how to play. The only problem is meron ba silang makakalarong ibang bata sa neighborhood na marunong din? So bettter ikaw na mismo makipaglaro kayo ni partner.

Si LO ko, either aayain ko mag lakad sa labas with her bike, mag garden like magdamo etc., isasama namin sya mag grocery, anything na magiging busy sila, makipag laro ka lang mumsh. maglaan ka lang ng time para hindi nila maisip mag gadgets. :)

Show them how too. By not using your gadgets when you're with them. Dapat may schedule, hindi hayaan lang sila mag overtime sa gadgets.Bring them outside and play with them, bihira nlang ang mga bata ngayon na nsa labas para maglaro.

VIP Member

Pag wala pasok lagi kmi umaalis ng bhay. Gala2 kc sa labas wala net so di nagccp.

No screen time for kids (except sa tv pero may oras ) until 5yrs old