How did you choose a Pediatrician for your children? Did you just go with a doctor that your OB-gyne recommended? And does anyone have any recommendations for a good Pedia at Med City Ortigas?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

my OB chose pedia for us when I gave birth but due to conflict in sched and satisfaction sa pagexplain, nagpalit kami pedia roght after ng first follow up, then di pa din ok kaso di breastfeeding advocate. finally nakahanapndin ng pedia na fit sa health namin ni baby, shes a pediatrician,allergologist and immunollogist in 1.. may history kasi kami ng allergies ni mister kaya sya napili namin at di kami nagkamali. unang bilin nya para gunaling baby ay magpadede ngbmagpadede lang si mommy, docsya agad bigay antibiotic if. hindi kailangan wawa kasi baby eh, sa previous pedia namin di lang makapoops antibiotic agad!.anyways ms. regina capulong of manila doctors hospital!

Magbasa pa

be careful in choosing pedia. . much better if recommended and have kids too. I have a pedia before for my twins and I chose her due to the hospital name... after several check ups, we stopped seeing her. why? on the last visit, 2 days after that, my mom told me to bring one of the twins to a doctor for she is showing signs of primary complex . And so I brought her to a new doctor and with the results from the X-RAY and skin test, it was confirmed that she has TB. wondering why that pedia didn't notice it.

Magbasa pa

Unang pedia ng baby ko, Pedia siya ng mga pamangkin ko. Pero nagpalit din kami. Ayoko kasi sa Doctor yung hindi gano nageexplain. Kaya pedia ngayon ni baby ko, kapatid ng tropa ng husband ko, and family din sila ng mga doctors plus meron din siyang baby na almost kasing edad ng baby ko, kaya mas feeling ko makakarelate siya pagdating sa baby. Saka sobrang bait din, di rin gano nagbibigay mg gamot kay baby kung hindi talaga kailangan.

Magbasa pa

My sons pediatrician is recommended by my friend. He is very efficient and dependable, I can text him anytime. He is not a fan of giving medicine to my son, he observe first and then decide what’s needed to be done. He pointed out that breastfeed babies has a strong immune system, whenever my son is under the weather, he usually prescribe to continue breastfeeding, citrus fruits, soup and observe his appetite and activity.

Magbasa pa
5y ago

wala po ba kayo. mga kakilala malapit dto po sa Fairview or Commonwealth po sana. salamat po

my baby's pedia is the one recommended by my OB. we thought that she is child-friendly, reliable, can be trusted and caring, as observed after several check ups.. aside from that we can easily communicate with her as she replies with my text messages whenever i need to ask something.. with that, we stick to her and did not look for any other (aside from we cant get a good recommendations from others. lol)

Magbasa pa

Yung 2 daughters ko, sa medical City ortigas cya. And if I'm not mistaken cya yung head ng pediatrics dun. Her name is dra. Cynthia Alcantara-Aguirre OK cya, hindi nya binibigyan masyado ng gamot yung daughters ko kung hindi talaga kailangan at kung wala naman cyang nakikita na hindi maganda. :)

5y ago

san po hospital sis. nag hahanap po kc ako ng mas best na pedia ee.

Baka my ma e recommend po. Kau na pediatrician dyan around q. C lang po Mga medical city dto po sa sm Fairview/ ever gotesco po at Commonwealth hospital po. Ung Bf advocate po sana at ung hnd po tamad mag explained ska hnd po masyadong mabigay ng gamot kong hnd kilangan. Salamat po.

5y ago

ok po salamt.

My panganay's first pedia was recommended by my wife's OB but after she gave birth and after several checkups, we transferred to a pedia who is a family friend of ours. I guess it's best if you choose the pedia that you can really trust

Yung pedia ng mga anak ko is pedia ko pa since bata ako so alam na tlga namin kung pano sya maghandle ng patient. Tapos wife naman nya OB ko. Parehong mabait and hindi toxic maningil 😊

My pedia for my baby was my pedia when i was a baby. She also was the pedia for my younger brother so we know her well. She has a clinic in VRP Medical Center in mandaluyong.

5y ago

Dra. Dayo 😊