How did you celebrate your child's first birthday?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

The celebration was an intimate one, only my immediate family plus my hubby's father were present. We had it in a Japanese restaurant and a good bakeshop and cafe after the lunch to have the dessert. :) We decided to do so just because we HAD to be discreet about having our child on her first year (for personal reasons) and also we thought that since she's too young for an extravagant party. But we made sure we took photographs that painted the joy and memories of that very special day. ^^

Read more

we had a very lavish first birthday for both our kids, but honestly, i regret it. when your baby is just a year old, it makes no sense to call so many people and celebrate, as it leaves the baby tired and irritated. you too barely get to enjoy anything. for our second baby's first birthday, we did a big celebration because both the babies have the same birthday, though a few years apart. so, it was more a way of inviting friends and family to welcome the new baby :)

Read more

With my eldest, it was a mini-grand celebration. Mini because there were only few guests who came, and Grand because the budget spent was for a big number of pax however, it was not maximized. For my youngest, it was an intimate celebration with family and closest friends only. I already learned my lesson because of what happened during the celebration of my eldest child.

Read more
7y ago

that's what i am frustrated about with my firstborn. We spent a lot, just to have too many leftovers of the food because barely half of the expected guests came. :-(

in both the kids' first birthdays, we had a quiet but lovely time at home with the babies. we decorated the house like you would do for a birthday and the babies had a lot of fun playing with the balloons and streamers. this was truly wonderful for them and we did not want to make them hassled with too many guests and noise.

Read more

we planned a first trip to the beach for our baby on her first birthday. though we did not throw a party or invite anyone, it was just the three of us, and she had a great time at the beach playing. it was especially memorable because it was her first view of the beach.

my hubby and i went away with our child for the first birthday. as our baby loves the sea, we headed out to the beach and stayed there for a couple of days. it was the best way to celebrate the birthday, with just us and uninterrupted time with our baby.

We celebrated her birthday in a resort in Bulacan and I planned it with a theme of "Flashback in a Year" Her party's decoration involved photos of her milestones and I set up a table with her "firsts" things such as books, dress, socks every memorabilia.

We just had a photoshoot and my baby did a smash cake. That was pretty much it. It was fun thought and memorable as well. We kept all the photos in an external drive.

We didn't have a celebration. We took the kids out and had a nice meal. Simple and quiet.

My son's first celebration was in a home where both my spouse and I work in.