How do you determine hat your baby is full from his feed via direct latching? Total breastfeeding mum here. Mine falls asleep very quickly whenever I nurse him & when I attempt to wake him up, he refuses to continue latching hence I suppose he's full & I'll place him back on the bed. After I've placed him back down, he wakes up again and cries for milk again.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Babies tend to fall asleep while breastfeeding which is very common however u need to wake baby up or disturb baby to drink else the person suffering is u. U have to train him to drink till he is full before falling asleep. All these need practices and don't worry, you will master it in no time. Jiayou you Mummy

Read more
8y ago

Try speaking to your child - as we learnt in the 'Respectful Parenting TV Session - your child is very much aware of his/her surroundings and is more than capable of understanding spoken words :)

A good feed should be ideally ard 15 mins. They shd rest after dat for 1-2hrs and after dat, wake up for milk again. Babies may just be tired and needs to be awaken during feeding else u will suffer.

Read more
8y ago

Thank u mummy :)