for those mummies who dl their newborn, how do you feed from both sides? my newborn tend to fall asleep at the first side and no matter how I try to wake him up to continue to feed on the other side, he won't wake up nor open his mouth. I'm trying to feed him more to bring down his jaundice.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Newborn tummy size is small, that's why your child feel full after one side feeding. If you can wait till next feeding, then offers him the side he not drink from previous feeding (eg last feeding from right breast so next feeding offer left breast). Also, newborn with jaundice tends to sleep a lot, so wake him up gently every one or 2 hours.

Read more

Try a different nursing position when latching him on the difficult side, like football hold. Do breast compression when latching your bub, this would encourage him to drink more. Google for tips on how to keep a jaundiced baby up during feeds.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4664)

I will pump out the other breast even in the midnight to stay balance. Because my bub will only take one side, he totally ignore the other breast. Lol

VIP Member

I latch one side and then for next feed I let Dd latch on the next side. If I am too engorged then I just pump the side that she did not drink from.