How do you deal when your hubby commented that you are slow in doing most things like finishing housework directly and lazy indirectly? Also, I feel offended when I got to use effort to do the daily housework and yet face with such comment. It's not as if I get the chance to even have afternoon nap most of the time despite feeling tired. I also have been searching for a full time job for past 6 months but to no avail and he thought that I am lazy. I commented his brother is the one who is lazy when most of the jobs he had he won't stay long and yet he does not even have to do housework. I even got to flush his pee when I was the second person to use in the past. My hubby is protective towards him. I felt very disappointed! Kept saying that I am not working of course I would need to do the housework. I even ask him to take leave to help me in cleaning the windows as I am not able to reach and we only cleaned once every 6-8 months yet he showed me a black face or ignored my request:( Disgusting guy!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I agree with Ling, you have to sit him (and his brother) down and talk to him about helping out with the housework. Tell him that housework isn't easy and it is a lot to do for one person. Maybe try getting him to help out with smaller tasks first like folding his own laundry, or wiping table top surfaces, etc. As for his brother, talk to your husband and see if you guys can at least get him to flush after himself. If you guys are staying together, I think he should be contributing towards doing housework or something. As for a job, maybe you can try looking for a part time job first for now. Part time jobs are slightly easier to find and gives you that flexibility in terms of working hours. Good luck!

Read more
7y ago

We have moved out of the house and not staying with his brother but my girl goes to my mil house regularly and it would be quite disgusting for her to use the toilet after he is done..my mil won't flush it either I guess as she wants to save water. Ever talk to my hubby many times about this in the past but useless his brother just don't listen. Cannot imagine I will need to do the flushing next year when I visit in law house for reunion dinner..

If it was me, then all dont do lo see who can tarhan. Otherwise sit him down and talk to him. Split the roles. Sometimes men are like babies, they need to be told what to do specifically. I find men have no initiative in doing household chores. And they are really bad at it. I guess its just a men system.

Read more
7y ago

I did told him that I need help but he said that I am not working why complain..ah ya to him I am useless while his bro is not la sigh.. I have seen my guy friends doing housework willingly as they told me that it's too much for a wife to handle on top of looking after kids.while him throw my girl aside to play iPad and he busy with his car group chat