How could you climb the corporate ladder higher or secure your job if you were exclusively pumping Mom who need to pump 3-4 hourly? You still need to dl your high-need baby afterwork and she may wake up every 1-2hour for comfort sucking at night? Sorry being so negative as recently was forced to quit my job by company. I did my job well too just not as efficiency as before. I can't do as late as before as I need to back home on time. I can't put more effort and more focus on work as I need to pump exclusively. Should gov do something to support breastfeeding mummy such as having more flexible time and encourage those company hire breastfeeding mummy? Really feel helpless and depressed. Why mummy have to scarify lots especially their career path?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally i wouldnt climb the ladder. It really depends very much in what you want and prioritise. If the company is unable to accept that you need to do whats best for youraelf, i would leave. To me, a company should nit just care about their job. If yiu care about the staff and their well being they will in return do more for you. Without the staffs there will be no company. It is perfectly understandable that you may have to pump milk etc, we are all humans, we need time to go toilet too. So for me, pumping milk is like going to the toilet. Am i not entitled to that? This being said, of course it applies only if you have completed your job. Neither parties should be compromised. If you have chosen your childs well being, then let it go, there will be better opportunities out there for you. Dont feel bad, press on dear!! You are not alone. Mutual point if view, sorry if i sounded rude or too direct.

Read more